Monday, March 16, 2009

I need to vent

Ok... I have to gripe for tonight. If you ever have to take your child to a pediatric GI doctor in Las Vegas (heaven forbid) and they send you to Dr. Sheikh... RUN... RUN the other way! I have had one horrible thing after another. In his behalf -- he is not a allergist . But he should know a thing or two if he is treating Luke for his food allergies. Ok.. so here is the short version of the story. He orders a blood test to see if the allergies are still present. He tells me to call in 2 days to get the results. I do...they think I am crazy. First, the test doesn't even come back for a week. Second, they don't give results over the phone. Then they tell me that he will call when they come in. A week later we hear... Congrats no more allergies. Oh we are excited but weary at the same time (we know too many with allergies that say those tests are inaccurate.) He says to try soy formula and to drive across town to get a sample from him. We decided that we would just go buy a can at the store. Turns out we got to busy to even go to the store. So we just gave him food with soy in it. What do you know, reaction to it. So today I call and lie and say we put him on soy formula and he reacted to it and we need the prescription for the allergen free formula for older babies. She asks, "what kind?" I say, "Similac Soy formula." Then she tells me that he wants me to use the Good start brand and that I have to come get the sample they have and try it. So I load up my 3 kids all tired and whiny and drive 30 minutes (each way) to go pick up a can of formula that I could just get from the store 2 minutes from my house. So... I guess I have to make my baby sick to prove that he is still not tolerant of this formula. ACK! This is only 1 horror story I have from his office.


Ahhh...now I am feeling much better. Or I hope I will soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That totally sucks. Why don't drs understand that to get to see them takes at least three hours to get everyone ready and then the fight to get them in the car. I hope Luke starts feeling better.

Jason & Claire said...

That STINKS! Sorry!

-Laura- said...

How frustrating!!! I hate it when doctors don't listen to Mom...don't they realize you're with them 24 hours a day?

Sorry! Hope Luke feels better soon!!!

Julie said...

I'm sorry! We've unfortunately have had LOTS of these kind of things happen to us. Oh, like the doctor won't check Jonah for asthma or allergies, but said don't worry about it until he has an attack and has to come in for an emergency visit...what's wrong with these people? So I definitely feel for you!