To the mean old lady who yelled at my kids and their friends for playing in the sprinkler at the park:
I am very sorry if you were having a bad day.
I am very sorry if you did not have a good childhood or can not remember how fun it was to play in the sprinklers on a hot day.
I am very sorry that you chose to live near the park.
Please don't yell at us from 2 houses away from a window where we can not even see you from.
Please don't tell me to beat my child's A** for not coming when I told him that we were getting out of the sprinklers. I will teach my children they way I know how to do. They are MY children.
Please don't beat your child's Bum.
Please let me be in charge of my children.
Please keep the vulgar language to yourself.
If my children would have broken a sprinkler head I would have made it right. We are paying the HOAs and know where a hardware store is located. I am a responsible adult.
Do you not have better thing to do with your time?
If you would teach my kids some respect... why don't you show respect yourself? Don't you know the best way to teach is by example?
I wish I was not in shock when this all took place so that I could have said these things to you. I will come back to that park and if the sprinklers happen to be on I may even let my children play in them. I hope the next time we are there you will have had a better day and decided to mind your own business.
Thank you for your concern,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Holy cow, are you kidding me?!?! Sounds like that lady needs a spanking!
Jeesh! Sounds like you met a "pleasant" lady at the park. I'm totally like you. I think I would have been too shocked to initially say anything. I seriously can't believe how rude people can be sometimes. Sorry!
NO. FREAKING. WAY!!!
very well written btw, bryn. i might copy it and give it to mean people in utah who aren't even yelling at us for running in the sprinkler.
i had a real doosie at Target about 6 months ago. MAN she was mean.
oh my gosh...yelling at you from her house down the street. that is hillarious! but not. you'll totally be prepared the next time.
I hate grumpy people seriously let kids be kids and mind your own business
Post a Comment