
We have all been missing my Dad ("Poppy" as my kids call him or "Pocky" as JJ use to say) lately. He passed away this past July. We feel that Luke was sent to our family by him. When I went to my first doctors apointment he did an ultrasound to see when he would be due and we were told that the conception date was the day my Dad passed. I know that nothing happened on that day... but it has been a nice little reminder of him. So therefore, I can't belive it has been over 9 months. We all miss him dearly and think about him often.
Last week we were out flying a kite. It happened to be the kite that my mom and dad bought when we were in California on time. The plan was to fly it at the beach but it was never windy enough. While we were flying it we all thought of Poppy. I remembered how much he enjoyed flying kites. Abby got sad and started on all the questions about heaven and when she will see Poppy again. When we told her that it was a long tine until she will be able to go to Heaven to see him she got sad and then she said, " That too long. I can't wait that long." I think we all feel the same way as she does.

6 comments:
This post brought tears to my eyes. It was so sweet. I really liked your Dad. He was always so funny and he had a way of making me feel comfortable and like I was a part of the "family".
I really think it is amazing how close the birth of a new one can bring us to our passed loved ones. It is a neat and comforting feeling.
aww - you're breaking my heart here. everett still prays for poppy to get better occasionally.
love you.
You got me all emotional. How sweet to have a reminder of him with you all of the time.
Oh Bryn. . . that is so sad and so sweet that you flew a kite in rembrance of him. Love you lots and been thinking of you a lot! hope the little man is doing well!
Hey Bryn, we were just in California with Heidi and Chuck and I was looking at family pictures. The one of the couples all lined up on the beach caught my eye. Everyone looks so happy but your parents caught my attention. It made me think...I'm sure this is tough for all of you, we miss your dad too.
Bryn! I didn't know your dad passed away last summer. I'm sorry to hear this.
I sure hope you are having a good week.
Post a Comment