
After a few grueling weeks of trying this and that we took Luke into the doctor. Turns out that he had undetectable;e blood in his stool. It turns out that he is having a milk protein allergy. Yikes! No wonder he was such a different baby. I am not strong enough to cut out all dairy from my diet so we are now a full fed bottle baby. It is kind of nice but I am having a hard time figuring out how much to feed Luke at one time. It has been very different each time. We will get it all figured out soon enough I hope.

6 comments:
Oh man, that stinks! Poor kid! I hope you get it all figured out soon!
Oh No.. That stinks.. Well at least your starting to figure out what is up with that boy.. But does this mean he is on that ridiculous expensive formual. Well at least he can start to go back to being the happy baby he is :)
Sorry about that! Aren't you glad you figured out his problem, though? Jonah refused to nurse when he was born, so he was always a formula baby. I recommend buying at Costco (they have soy too) and/or signing up for Enfamil or Similac's mailing lists where they send you coupons for formula. We found Jonah had a milk problem around 7 months, so we had to put him on soy (doesn't smell too good) - not so fun!
Poor little guy!! Hope eveything gets back to normal soon. That scorpian was creepy!!!
That stinks for you. Poor guy hope he feels better and that you get it all figured out!
What a bummer. I'm glad you caught it before something really bad happened. Good luck with the feeding!
Post a Comment