Monday, August 11, 2008

Worth a blog...

Joel got home today from a 2 night trip. He could not have had better timing. Luke was up every few hours each night and JJ was also up a few times each night. Of coarse not at the same time as Luke ( and blessing and a curse). Needless to say I was all tuckered out. While we were making dinner and holding a baby that was not going to let us dare put him down I hear a loud crash from the kids room. I dart in that direction to meet JJ and Abby in the hall with JJ in tears and Abby panicked. JJ had fallen off the bunk bed ladder and hit his head. I went to put ice on it and it was then I saw the blood. It looked like a lot and I thought oh no... here we go off to get more stitches. At the moment it seemed much worse then it really turned out to be. There was only a tiny bit of bleeding.
Now... While the kids were in the bath I look up to find this gross thing on my curtain. YIKES! I have to say this was our first encounter with one of these in Las Vegas and my first encounter EVER! I called for my brave husband ( who I was so glad to have home when I noticed this intruder) and he went to the garage and got his tool (not quite sure what tool this is) and caught it and flushed it. That is the end of that story... however, I must say I feel like they are EVERYWHERE now. Man., I hate that.
Where I found him
The tool!


The Flush!

6 comments:

Breanne King said...

ok that is absolutely DISGUSTING! You're so brave dealing with that. And I'm very impressed with joel too. I would have just left screaming and called extermination.

Julie said...

Gross! That would FREAK me out! I showed Jonah and he perked up and said "is that a REAL scorpian? Where did they find it - they must live in the desert!" So at least SOMEONE was excited about your little visitor! I know what you mean about feeling like they're everywhere - when we lived in Palm Springs they had these cockroaches about 2"x1" (not even joking!) and one night one crawled across my back - yeah, I was freaked! It's taken me years to recover! Sometimes I still feel like they're crawling on me...yuck!

Anne said...

I can do spiders and bugs but once I get to critters and snakes I'm out. Thank goodness for Joel being home.

I wish I was closer to give you some down time on those long weeks. I know those weeks all too well and feel for you.

i'm jefra... said...

uuuuugh!!! i don't know why but it's so much more nasty than a spider. i don't think I could let joel leave ever again in case one came back....

Jason & Claire said...

Gross!

-Laura- said...

Ewww!!! I would majorly freak out too!