I think the kids were so excited the Daddy was coming home tonight. They both got out of bed so many times. Drinks, wanting to rock, medicine, bathroom, you name it. So I only caught bits and pieces of "Are You Smarter then a 5th Grader?" One of the questions was about the opening line of a Shakespearean play. I did not hesitate, I knew this one! I have to give credit to my teacher ( not sure if it was 5th grade or not) that made me memorize the prologue of "Romeo and Juliet." I can still recite the prologue for memory. http://www.clicknotes.com/romeo/P1.html .
We have our Young Women memorizing "The Living Christ" (http://www.lds.org/library/display/0,4945,90-1-10-1,00.html) and I realized tonight how much more beneficial this will be for them in their lives then knowing the prologue to "Romeo and Juliet". We have 4 girls that have it all memorized. They are truly a remarkable group of young women.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
ah you are so right; this program is so awesome and its amazing to see the growth in the girls as they progress in the program. Those that truly follow the program as outlines, set and complete the goals, will truly develop the talents heavenly father has intended for them. we as leaders not only benefit from being a part of the porgram, bur as we participate with the young women and continue to learn and grow along side them. so glad you have this opportunity to serve with the young women. they are lucky to have you as their leader to love and look up to.
What a great idea Bryn! I am in the YW in my ward...we should do that too! Sounds like a neat thing to have memorized! I have it framed in my home but can't say I know it by heart. I will need to get on that! Thanks for the idea. Good to hear from you. Your did sounds yummy! I love things like that!
(dip)
Post a Comment