Saturday, October 6, 2007

Pumpkin patch

We are so happy to have Daddy home today and have been keeping him busy. We went to Gilcrease Orchard today to pick pumpkins and apples. We did not find any apples but got some yummy pears, a watermelon, zucchini, an eggplant, and some apple cider. The cider brought back many memories of growing up in New Canaan, CT. The world famous Stew Leonard's Grocery store (they had great cider) and the fall Church barn dances. With the weather being in the upper 80's it was nice to be reminded that it is fall.

Mommy and JJ with some of our goodies.


Abby and Daddy with the pumpkins we picked out.




We also had Daddy fly a kite with us. Abby had been asking for a few days because it had been windy.

Abby and JJ shearing a delicious pear.


Here is the Watermelon that the kids picked. They dropped it a minute later and it split in half.

3 comments:

Giles Fam said...

oh my gosh--your kids are adorable! I can't believe how much JJ looks like Joel. :) Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun--making yourselves remember it is Fall. I wish I could forget--it snowed here on Saturday. :(

Michelle Arnett said...

JJ is such a blondie!

Marnie said...

Cute pictures! I'd have to agree...I think JJ looks a lot like Joel. I'm glad you're enjoying the Fall. :)