Thursday, November 15, 2007

Success! At least for now...

For the last month or so JJ has been getting out of his bed 10+ times before we can get him to go to sleep. We have tried everything.
  • Early naps or skipping naps all together
  • Taking the coveted "blankie" away if he got out
  • Not saying anything and just putting him back in bed
  • Rocking him
  • Saying good night to the house and turning off the lights
We had a busy day and the kids were worn out (JJ didn't get a nap). So I thought if I put them down early then they should be asleep by a normal time. Well, I put Abby in bed and headed out to get JJ -- he ran off and sat on the couch while we were saying prayers or something. Then I took JJ around and said good night to the house and we rocked in the dark. I put him down at 7:00 and walla! he stayed in bed! Quiet and asleep by 7PM I can not believe it! I am sure I will regret this when they are both up early tomorrow but for now I am off too get something.... anything done! It is hard when your night is eaten up by putting your child back in bed.

3 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

Ahh the joys and mysteries of motherhood! I can sort of relate. Wyatt will not stop getting out of his bed, and now he wakes up bright and early at 5:45-6am (he used to wake up at 7:30 just a few weeks ago!)! Hopefully these things are just stages...Hey, sorry it took me so long, but I finally listed 6 things about me...it was fun! Hope you guys have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Marnie said...

Good luck getting sleep while you can, Bryn! Hang in there!

jefra said...

bless you!